being korou:

Icon
a journal of my convictions & confusions

I have moved. find me at KOROUblogs.tumblr.com & AMASOONG.com

reuse > reduce > recycle

Paperbottle2
A 100% biodegradable dispo bottle at dieline.com. A very smart design. especially the simplicity and economy of the structure. It will solve most of the disposal problem. But What we need is a system of packaging and distribution which doesn't depend on disposable containers at all. The priority should be on 'reusing'. The case of using glass bottles for distributing carbonated drinks is a good example. And their assigning a value to the bottle has made the whole concept of reusing the bottle possible. Otherwise people won't bother to return the bottles.
It will be a good idea to have the same bottle design for a wide range of products (across brands & companies). It will make the system more efficient. Like, I can return my empty bottle of fruit juice for a new bottle of shampoo. And when the shampoo is over, return it at a grocery store for a bottle of cooking oil.

[see more 'findings' at my  (re)collections blog ]